These are good burgers. Like really good burgers. Although I’m not a burger fan myself, my parents raved about these, saying that they were some of the best burgers they’ve ever had. To say my brother was pleased with them is a vast understatement. You see, this is his recipe. Sure, some ideas may have come from me… but he created it and figured it out as he went.
Using some of the leftover sofregit from my Daring Cooks challenge, he put that into the meat, as well as some spices and an egg. To top it all off, he wrapped the patties in bacon. Then, since it was raining out, and my brother had never cooked burgers on his own, my dad cooked them on the grill. He was actually kind of worried about the bacon dripping grease and causing the barbeque to spit flames. Therefore, the burgers were cooked over indirect heat (apparently this is important…)
Anyways, without further adieu, here is the burger recipe according to my brother…
Sofregit Bacon-Wrapped Burgers – Made 5 burgers
1 package Lean Ground Beef (probably 2 pounds)
A dash of Mrs. Dash
Some dried minced onions
Lauren’s thing she called Sofregit
Enough bacon to wrap all burgers.
1. Take ground beef in a bowl, add in all spices. Mix with your hands.
2. Add in Sofregit, Mix with hands until incorporated.
3. Break egg into meat, and mix until incorporated.
4. Shape into burgers.
5. Wrap burgers in Bacon. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
6. Cook on barbeque over indirect heat. (Slower than normal)
7. Remove toothpicks, place in Gluten free bun and enjoy!!
So, there you have it. My little brother’s first recipe. Ever. Hopefully there will be more good ones to come =D.
Have an awesome day!